Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crazy Times

Obviously, we in my family aren't parishoners of the Church of England, however while reading all the dismal reporting on Reuters today, i found this and i have to say am quite taken with it:

Quote: The Church of England published two new prayers, comforting people who lost their jobs and those still in work after a round of cuts. "Hear me as I cry out in confusion, help me to think clearly, and calm my soul," says the "Prayer on being made redundant." The "Prayer for those remaining in the workplace" focuses on guilt and increased workload: "In the midst of this uncertainty, help me to keep going: to work to the best of my ability, taking each day at a time."

Although, i have to say that i was more impressed by the kind acts of a priest in TN who reached into the benevolent fund at his parish and handed out $250 per child to some struggling families within his church.

Makes you wonder just when all this economical woe is going to climax. I feel so bad for the people all around us just hanging on for dear life. We've tried paring down our expenses so that we may be of help to friends and family in need if it comes to that, but it seems that this is going to be unlike anything history has ever seen.

Guess we'll just have to see where the road takes us and hang on to our faith for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my silly lil musings. Hope you have a wonderful day!
~Whit