Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just An Opposable Thumb Away...

FROM BEING TAKEN OVER BY BIRDS, WE ARE! :o)

I couldn't believe what i witnessed today, and it has me thinking about the whole evolution thing...specifically whether my chickens are going to start caring for themselves or not. :o)

I watched a black capped chickdee today pick a nugget o' goodness out of the suet, and with it tightly clutched in his beak, he flew to the wire just above my head. I was going to move out of the way before the inevitable happened, but rather was sucked in, gawking at this bird by his ability to transfer the nugget to his claws--and with both feet grasped the nugget and started peeling away at it nibble by nibble.

Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my silly lil musings. Hope you have a wonderful day!
~Whit