- the Christmas "stuff" in the store that had been out since August had mysteriously vanished.
- the music in the store was back to the same ol' nonsence they played back at the beginning of November before they switched to Christmas music two weeks before Thanksgiving.
- All the good Christmas movies (White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street don't get any billing after Christmas day. Grr!
- People are grumpy the day after Christmas. They should be thankful they aren't getting the same treatment St. Stephen received the day after Christmas!!
- And when you wish them a "Merry Christmas" they look at you like your looney.
Made me wish i didn't need to go out for chicken treats or tp.
Granted, not everyone is Catholic, so they don't all hold the same traditions as we do--celebrating Christmas through Ephipany till the Baptism of the Lord. Even my parents, who aren't practicing a faith keep the tree, the Nativity, the lights, and the decorations up until January--always have. But it's so depressing to think about the people who just start packing away and moving on, not even 6 hours after midnight of Christmas day. So, after some thought, i decided that i will come back here each day of the Chirstmas season to wish you the warmest of Merry Christmases still for the next couple weeks.
Hoping you are able to enjoy today your new toys, your decorations, Jesus in the manger, your family, and all that the Christmas season brings! Fondly, Whit